2019 Officers and Board
- Guy Tumolo, President
- Pete Schepis, Vice-President
- JoAnna McQuaide, Secretary
- Janet Norkus, Treasurer
- Angela Conte, Board Member
- Pamela Long, Board Member
- Marge Lubawy, Board Member
- Joan McMahon, Board Member
- Connie Przybyla, Board Member
DUTIES OF OFFICERS
DUTIES OF PRESIDENT/VICE PRESIDENT
- Execute contracts for services approved by the Board.
- Schedule meeting rooms for Board meetings and luncheons.
- Prepare agendas for Board meetings and distribute to Board members prior to meetings.
- Preside over Board meetings and luncheon meetings.
- Review all official correspondence of organization prior to release.
- Arrange to have up-to-date mailing lists available to printer for all mailings.
- Co-sign checks produced and signed by Treasurer to pay the obligations of the Association.
- Serve as liaison with the staff and members of the Allegheny County Retirement Board.
- Assure that the by-laws are complied with.
- Assure that the officers, members and paid personnel perform the duties assigned.
DUTIES OF TREASURER
- Keep an accurate accounting of the financial transactions of the organization.
- Provide the Board with financial reports in advance of the scheduled Board business meetings.
- Pay the debts of the organization. All checks to have the signature of both the Treasurer or Assistant Treasurer, if one is appointed, and the President or, if unavailable, the Vice President.
- Maintain a checking account and deposit all revenue, including dues, gifts, and proceeds from luncheons, of the organization in it.
- Collect dues and revenues from luncheons and other revenue generating activities.
- Provide lists of individuals who have prepaid for luncheons and other activities to persons assigned to register attendees at the event.
- Reconcile bank statements. Monitor investment account. Submit to IRS form 990N annually.
- Cooperate in the conduct of the annual audit.
- Prepare and send membership renewal reminders in February.
DUTIES OF SECRETARY
- Take and distribute minutes of Board of Directors meetings and the Annual Meeting. Keep a record of these minutes in print copy in one or more books of record.
- Take notes of pertinent issues presented by members at luncheon meetings and distribute to Board members.
- Have custody of the corporate records of the organization; e.g. minutes, audits, by-laws, etc.
- Keep the official register of names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of all current Board members.
- Send notice of Board meetings, luncheons, and scheduled activities to all members in good standing.
- Update annually and provide membership applications and dues renewal sheets. Send membership renewal notices electronically to printer in early November.
- Answer and respond to emails and voicemails or forward them to one who can best respond. Current voice mail provider is Voice Nation.
- Maintain or cause to be maintained current mailing lists of members to be used for distribution of postcard notices, newsletter and other mailings to the membership.
ACRA Officers Bios
Guy Tumolo, ACRA President
Guy formerly worked in the County Controller’s Department as the Deputy Controller. He also worked in the following departments throughout his career: County Council, Human Services, Administration/Chief Clerk, Aviation, Budget & Finance, Kane, and Employment & Training. After 40 ½ years of service with Allegheny County, he retired in 2012. Guy currently resides in O’Hara Township.
Pete Schepis, ACRA Vice-President
Pete formerly worked in the Allegheny County Budget & Finance Office as Deputy Director. After 26 years of service with Allegheny County, he retired in 2014. Pete currently resides in Crafton.
Cathy Thomas, ACRA Treasurer
Cathy worked at Juvenile Court, Supervisor of the Administrative Services Department for 29 years. During my tenure at Juvenile Court, I finished college and graduated with an Accounting Degree. Cathy retired in June 2017.
JoAnna McQuaide, ACRA Secretary
JoAnna formerly worked for Allegheny County Department of Human Services as the Deputy Director of Administration. She also worked in the following departments throughout her career: Children Youth & Services, MH/MR/DA/HH. After 21 years of service with Allegheny County she retired in 1999. JoAnna currently resides in Brentwood.
Pamela Long, ACRA Board of Directors
Pamela formerly worked for the Allegheny County Health Department as the Public Health Nurse Administrator/Program Chief/Administrator for the Maternal and Child Health Program. After 41 years of service with Allegheny County she retired in 2011. Pamela currently resides in Upper Saint Clair.
Angela Conte, ACRA Board of Directors
Angela formerly worked for the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas., Family Division, Juvenile Section, Adoptions Department for five years. Prior to working for the Adoptions Department, Angela was an Investigator and a Supervisor for Orphan’s Court. After 34 years of service with Allegheny County she retired in 2008. Angela currently resides in Highland Park.
Marge Lubawy, ACRA Board of Directors
Marge formerly worked for the Allegheny County Department of Human Services as the Senior Communications Manager. Prior to working for DHS, she worked in the Office of Commissioner Michael Dawida. After twelve years of service with Allegheny County she retired in 2008. Marge currently resides in Brookline.
Joan formerly worked for the Allegheny County Health Department as the Chief of the Infectious Diseases Program. She also worked in the following departments throughout her career, Public Health Nursing, Maternal and Child Health, and Tuberculosis Control. After 29 ½ years of service with Allegheny County she retired in 2004. Joan currently resides in Brentwood.
Connie Przybyla, ACRA Board of Directors
Connie formerly worked in the Court of Common Pleas, Family Division, Juvenile Probation Department as the Administrative Support Manager. She also worked in the following departments throughout her career: Allegheny County District Courts and Allegheny County Adult Probation. After 38 years of service with Allegheny County, she retired in 2013. Connie currently resides in South Park.